Georgia Voter Empowerment Task Force
Best Practices for Law Enforcement
- Be familiar with election laws, including voter intimidation laws.
- Engage community leaders and stakeholders.
- Do not be highly visible at polling locations unless required.
- Use strategies, communications, and tactics grounded in de-escalation.
- Enforce regulations in an even-handed manner and maintain neutrality and professionalism in all interactions.
- Clarify that unauthorized paramilitary organizations have no authority to engage in law enforcement activities.
- Consider directed patrols for election workers and elected officials.
- Provide information on safe social media use.
- Wear masks and practice social distancing as much as possible, and encourage others to do so as well.